Senior Consultant: Continental Power
Evolving markets, environmental targets, new technologies, infrastructure expansion, security of supply: the energy sector is facing a period of unprecedented change, and with it a host of new opportunities and risks.
We advise the organisations at the heart of this transformation, providing economic, commercial and strategic consulting to energy companies, financial institutions, governments and regulators. Examples of our work include company valuations for mergers and acquisitions, optimising portfolios from fuel contracting to generation dispatch, developing hedging strategies for vertically integrated energy companies, and advising government on the costs and benefits of different future energy policy options.
Redpoint is a climbing term that reflects our ethos: the clean execution of a new route following careful analysis and preparation. Our clients value our deep experience and innovative techniques in addressing the challenges they face.
We are looking for an excellent individual to join our London-based team as a Senior Consultant, leading the Continental power market team. You will be fascinated and excited by energy markets, full of initiative, and keen to be involved in growing a small, dynamic company. You will also be keen to take on responsibility for working with senior management on business development associated with the Continental power market team.
You will quickly take on responsibility for delivery of client assignments, project management and staff management. This will involve conducting analysis, working on strategy development and presenting results, often on projects on-site with clients at locations in the UK and across Europe. You will be looking forward to helping clients innovate in energy markets, and understand the rapidly changing regulatory and commercial environments. You will be using your skills in developing and applying techniques for solving problems related to asset and contract valuation and optimisation, risk management, and regulation.
You will have the following characteristics:
• Strong academic background in an analytical discipline
• Strong experience of modelling the evolution of power prices, including the long term fundamental drivers of market return
• Deep knowledge of continental power market fundamentals
• Experience managing projects to time and budget constraints
• Ability to effectively lead a team of consultants and analysts focused on continental power market analysis
• The ability to utilise innovative thinking and show thought leadership in order to develop Redpoint’s analytical and modelling capability
• Have an enthusiastic and flexible attitude to a changing and challenging work environment
Applications should send a CV and if they so wish a covering letter to: . Applicants must also hold eligibility to work in the U.K.”